Salalah City tour – Half-Day Tour
Your day will start from Salalah, considered the capital and largest city in Dhofar province. Your tour guide will Pick you up from your Location in Salalah.
Enjoy the beautiful view of the green plantations of vegetables and fruits, where there is an opportunity to stop to taste fresh coconut water drink from fruit stalls found on the streets in the region of Old Salalah town known as Haffah.
After that, proceeds to one of the prominent landmarks of Salalah, Sultan Qaboos Mosque, one of the impressive mosques famous for its exterior islamic architecture design; there will be an opportunity for a photo stop. View the official palace of the Sultan, known as Al Husn Palace.
You will have free time to stroll among one of the famous local markets in Oman, Haffah Market or Haffah souq; there, you can feel and smell the oriental atmosphere as this place is famous for the high-quality Frankincense in the world. Also, an excellent chance to get numerous Omani Dhofari traditional souvenirs
Haffah souk is considered a paradise for photographers lovers, as you can take amazing photos that reflect the traditional and oriental life of people living in that area.
Explore the market through the small shops lined up with straight piles of frankincense boxes, also an extensive collection of decorated and coloured clay incense burners found there.
The last visit will be to the frankincense museum, which hosts artefacts excavated from nearby archaeological sightseeing locations to Salalah, such as Al Baleed park and Sumhuram ruins, which are UNESCO sites, plus superb models for grand ancient boats from 3000 BC.
Now start returning to your hotel after you discover the remarkable landmarks of Salalah through your Salalah city tour.
This experience is worth doing for anyone planning to travel to Salalah; through this four hours guided trip, you will have an excellent opportunity to learn about the history of this area and discover the main highlights and attractions there.
Salalah city tour
Price per vehicle: 175 USD ( Up to 5 persons )
What is included in the Salalah city tour?
* Pick up and drop off from your location in Salalah ( port, harbour, Hotels, Residency ).
*Transfer by private Air condition car.
*Professional English Omani tour guide.
What is excluded from the Salalah city tour?
* Any drinks or meals ( Lunch supplement 12 $ per person )
*Entry visa to Oman.
* Entry tickets to Museum ( 3 Omani Rial per ticket )
What to know before you book a Salalah city tour?
* Photos are allowed during your visit to any location during the Salalah city tour. But still, according to the traditions of Oman, it is not allowed to take any photos of Omani women, and it is recommended to ask men before.
* According to the tourism ministry, Sultan Kabus mosque is open daily for any tourist to visit from 8:00 AM till 11:00 AM. It is closed on Friday; any visit before or after will be a stop photo from outside.
* Due to the weather in Sultanate Oman, It is recommended to bring hats and sunblock for any Oman tours. ( How to plan a trip to Oman ? )
*This itinerary is a good choice for cruise ship passengers visiting Salalah harbour, searching for a recommendation for Salalah Oman Shore Excursions.