WADI SHAB – COASTAL TREKKING
Duration :8 HRS
Full day great experience to Wadi Shab, one of the spectacular attractions Wadis in Oman, a canyon-type valley in Oman with flowing water throughout the year, One of the stunning spots in Oman.
The Journey is a Paradise for any tourist, considered an incredible attraction for any Person coming to Oman.
Now Your guide takes you from your hotel or residency home in Muscat, the capital of Oman.
Begin your morning Wadi Shab one-day trip, Name also as Wadi Ash Shab, which is Arabic two words, Wadi means valley, and Shab means a young man.
Sit back in your Air-conditioned car, discover the beautiful coast of Oman from Muscat to Quriyat village, and over the plateau, travel south till you reach wadi shab.
Wadi Shab is located in the city of Sur, within duration 2 hours of driving from Muscat ( about 175 KM /105 Miles per way )
Before arriving at Wadi Shab, There is a photo stop at Bimmah sinkhole, a big hole formed due to collapsing the surface area; you will have a chance for lovely photos of the Bimah sinkhole and then continue your tour to Wadi Shab.
After arrival at Wadi Shab, Follow your Omani guide to Pick one of the traditional wooden boats. This boat ride drops you at the starting point of the Wadi Shab.
First, start your adventure in Wadi Shab with a long walk through the green grass, surrounded by mango, Palm, and banana trees along the narrow winding; then, you can reach a series of streams and pools through old rock paths. After wading and swimming in the river through some beautiful ponds, your extreme adventure begins.
There is an opportunity to hike and swim in Wadi Shab through a pond of crystal clear water and dive through a narrow keyhole inside a magnificent cave, where there is an inspiring gorgeous waterfall. This secret cave is a magical place, and here the adventurous can climb up to the ceiling and jump 7 meters into the blue crystal water.
Swimming through the famous keyhole Gives you an unforgettable memory.
Now, back to Muscat from the same road, But there is another stop in Fins Beach known as the white beach; enjoy the beauty of nature, take your photos, then get back to your van for your drive back to Muscat.
Wadi Shab is considered a top-ranking tour of Oman’s day tours and is famous for tourists visiting Oman.
|Price Per vehicle (Excluding Lunch)||340 USD (Up to 4 Persons)|
What is Included?
– Pick up and drop off from Muscat (hotels, guest house, Airport, Port, your residency )
– Free bottled water.
– Private air condition vehicle.
– Private and professional local Omani English guide.
– Boat tickets
– All mentioned places in the itinerary.
What is excluded?
-Tips and gratuities
-Entry visa to Oman
– Visit Wadi Tiwi
What to know before visiting Wadi Shab?
– It is recommended to wear sturdy and comfortable walking shoes at Wadi Shab. Due to the nature of oman’s Wadi in this region, rocks and Pebbles are sprinkled among Wadi Shab in Oman, which makes walking difficult; wearing sandals or diving shows is highly recommended, while wearing flip flops is a bad idea.
– There are no toilet facilities inside the wadi shab, so try to go to one of the toilets in the parking before going inside Wadi Shab.
– Life Jacket can be offered with an Extra 1 OMR.
– Try to wear Comfortable clothes such as T-shirts and short trousers.
Be sure to wear your swimming suit under your clothes before you go inside Wadi Shab, as there are no changing rooms inside.
Hiking from the entrance of Wadi Shab to the crystal pool inside the cave takes around 45 minutes (The time taken to hike depends on your flexibility )
Sunblocks and hats are recommended during your visit to Wadi Shab.
Taking photos is allowed anywhere, but according to Sultanate Oman traditions, be aware that it is offensive to take a picture of Arabian women; plus, asking men before taking photos is polite.
– Bring a small bag with you and a towel, and try to keep your precious staff in the vehicle ( mobile, wallet, money, …. ).
– Try to bring your goggles to explore this magnificent area from down.
– Early Pick up before 8:30 AM is a good idea for your one-day tour; otherwise, you may not be able to go to the End of Wadi Shab.
– This trip can be shown and written in google with different Names and all the same
EX: Wadi Shab – Wadi Ash Shab – Wadi Al Shab
– You can find a narrow gorge at the end of Wadi Shab that leads you to a large cave where you can see the famous waterfalls. It is good to try, BUT DO it only if you are a good swimmer.
– Remember to take Bottled water with you and fresh fruits if available.
– As it is not far From Musat, Wadi Shab is considered a recommended trip for tourists Coming to Oman through cruise ships docking in Muscat, searching for itineraries for Muscat Shore Excursions from Oman Ports.