Jebel Shams – Oman Grand canyon with Nizwa
Book with us one full-day outdoor trip to Jebel Shams, the grand canyon of Oman, and the Arabian peninsula.
Also called Jabal Shams, which is two Arabic words, translated as follow :
Jebel means mountain, and Shams means sun, meaning mountain of sun.
In the morning, your guide will come to Pick you up from your hotel or residency to Jabal Shams.
Driving North of Oman to Jebel Shams, First will pass by Finja village, then Izki Northern to Finja, and enjoy the views of the countryside.
Arrive in Nizwa Within 1 hour 30 minutes (150 KM ), located in the Al Dakhiliyah region; proceed to visit the local market and see how Omanis sell many goods. There you will find Nizwa fort, one of the spectacular architectural forts in Oman.
Then, drive north to Jebel shams, located in Al Hajar mountain, the highest mountain of Oman, about 3000 meters (9900 ft ) high to sea level.
Jabal Shams from Nizwa takes about 2 hrs by car to the top of Jebel Shams mountain.
You will pass by different villages in Oman on the way to Jabal Shams mountain till reaching the balcony.
Al Hamra an old town 400 years old. Al Hamra contains several villages showing the traditional life of Omani, known as Wadi Ghul, Wadi Nakhr, and Misfat Al Abryeen; Al Hamra is famous for its bright colour rugs and oriental design.
Then continue to get to the top of Jebel shams till the plateau. Explore the panoramic view of the deep grand canyon of Jebel Shams, take your pictures, walk around as many vendors sell local goods and start your way back home.
Jebel Shams consider from best place for people to travel to Oman, especially those who love to hike and climb.
|Price Per vehicle (Excluding Lunch)||340 USD (Up to 4 Persons)|
* Lunch Supplement : 12 $ per person
What is included?
-Pick up and drop off from any place in Muscat (hotel, Airport, residency, Port, …. ).
-Private air condition Land cruiser.
– Professional English-speaking Omani tour guide.
– Free Bottled water .
What is excluded?
– Tipping to guide .
– Entry visa to Oman .
– Personal expenses .
– Entry ticket to fort .
What to know before visiting Jebel Shams?
– Take heavy clothes as jebel shams are cold at the peak.
– Try to bring chewing gum with you, especially if you have pressure problems with high places .
– Photos are allowed in any location at Jebel Shams. Still, according to the tradition of the Sultanate of Oman, it is not acceptable to take photos of Omani women, and it is polite to ask men.
– Due to the Nature of the desert weather of Oman, bringing sunblock and hats with you is recommended.
– Jebel Shams road has about 5 kilometres of sand unpaved and a little bumpy.
– Due to the landscape of the mountain, the route has turns and drops, which is not difficult at all.
-Ask our company for Oman overnight packages to Jebel Shams. As you can stay in any resort located in Jebal Shems, Watch the sunset and sunrise from the highest point in Oman, and Enjoy the adventure of camping and hiking in that area. YOU MUST bring heavy clothes with you, especially from October till May; sometimes there is snow in December.
– According to the forecast, During windy and heavy rains, the company has the right to cancel Jebel Shams trips.
– Ask for offers to book Jabal Akhdar, one of our Oman day tours, as Jebel Akhdar and Jebel Shams are the most popular mountains in Oman .