Jebel Akhdar – The Cool and green mountain, including Nizwa
Start your day at Muscat, considered the capital of Oman. Your guide will pick you up from your hotel to start your incredible Journey to Oman jebel akhdar, part of Hajar mountain located in Al Dakhiliyah Governorate of Oman, One of the highest mountains, with a high 3 KM *about 9800 feet ).
Jebel Akhdar encompasses the saiq plateau, which is 2000 meters above sea level, and Jabal Akhdar means, in Arabic, the green mountain.
The first stop after will be at Nizwa(1 hour 30 minutes drive), the Ancient capital of Oman; visit Nizwa Complex, Explore the local traditional market there, watch how local Omanis offer their goods and take pictures from outside of the ancient fort of Nizwa.
Continue North to Jabal Al Akhdar; at the foot of Jebel Akhdar, we will visit Birkat Al Mauz, famous for its unique historical irrigation system named Falaj Al Khatmain, built a long time ago. Birkat Al Mauz is a small village known for its abandoned houses made of straw and mud with old streets.
After that, continue to the top of Jebel Akhdar and discover this peaceful region with its amazing views of the surrounding Green plants and many kinds of fruits such as peaches, pomegranates, and apricots; walk in the gardens. Depending on the season, you can see the terraced rose plantations in the villages of Jebel Akhdar. The last stop will be at the spectacular location in Jebel Akhdar, Point named Diana point, where lady Diana stopped before.
Now start your way back to Muscat for about 3 hours of driving.
Escape the heat and book Jebel Akhdar adventure, popular with its scenic places and areas
Price Per vehicle (Excluding Lunch)
340 USD (Up to 5 Persons)
Optional: Lunch (12 USD Per Person)
What is included in the Jebel Akhdar tour?
Pick up and drop off from any of Muscat hotels (or any other spot ).
Private Air Condition Luxury vehicle.
Private, professional English Guide.
Free bottled water.
What is Excluded in the Jebel Akhdar tour ??
Entry Visa to Oman
Meals during the trip
What to know before going to Jebel Akhdar?
- Due to the Nature of the climate in Oman, it is recommended to bring hats and sunblock during the jebel akhdar trip.
- Jebel Akhdar checkpoint allow only 4wd vehicles to pass.
- Best visiting jebel akhdar to view plantation area and fruit during spring.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes for the jebel al akhdar tour.
- There is a Tourism center near the gates ,where you can find tourist of Jebel Akhdar map for the area.
- Photos are allowed in any place in Jabal akhdar, but according to traditions in Oman, taking a photo of women is not acceptable, and it is polite to ask men before.
- The road to Jabal akhdar is fully paved and in good condition.
- Many local restaurants offer excellent quality lunches with many options the way from Nizwa to Jabal al akhdar.