Musandam tours are one of the most interesting things that you can experience, as this province is very attractive, but it did not get much fame or many visits, but in this phase, we will get to know everything that can attract tourists to visit it and enjoy its picturesque landscapes, as this province is located in the north of the Sultanate of Oman It is separated from the rest of the regions by a part of the territory of the United Arab Emirates.
- Musandam Island is known as Norway of Arabia, and this is due to the mountains and fjords sloping directly into the blue ocean waters.
- It is also the most attractive place in Oman.
- Through Musandam marine tours, you can enjoy panoramic views of the attractive Hajar Mountains and naturally carved caves, in addition to the village The deserted edge, and you can also enjoy Musandam tours watching dolphin shows that jump through the waves, and you will see turtles, coral reefs and colorful fish, and you can also request snorkeling equipment before booking your trip to Musandam so that you can explore what is under the water and enjoy seeing everything.
Reasons to visit Musandam
Musandam tours offer several reasons, including enjoying the stunning natural scenery along the coast of this island, as well as the opportunity to pass through the carved caves there and see the abandoned village of Hafah, in addition to getting the welcome drink served on board the ship you will be on and enjoying all of the following:
Through Musandam tours, you can enjoy the fishing experience with the appropriate equipment for this, and the fishing trip in Oman will become a very enjoyable experience for you.
A traditional cultural night
During Musandam tours, you can enjoy the annual winter market, where the local community participates, offering unique goods and delicious foods.
The experience of riding a bicycle while doing Musandam tours is very interesting as you can take the bike from Attana to explore the wheels.
Mountain safari in the city of Khasab is one of the best Musandam tours that you can do during your visits to Musandam.
- Khasab is the largest city in Musandam close to the tip of the peninsula.
- It is also one of the best and most visited areas in the Sultanate of Oman.
- It is also divided into the new market because it is an area full of Movement, and contains the most famous tourist monuments that many tourists accept is Khasab, which was built by the Portuguese during the seventeenth century with a small museum, there is also outside this fort a port that was used in the past in trading business with Iran.
Omani waters are famous for having marine life that contains various forms and many animals life, coral reefs, and plants, where dolphins are the most famous animal that you can enjoy watching jumping in the water during Musandam tours, and the deep bays between the high rocks are considered a habitat for many dolphins hunchback.
The waters of Musandam are characterized by the presence of various types of dolphins, such as (Indian Ocean dolphins – Indo-Pacific dolphins – Humpbacked dolphins – famous long-nosed dolphins – Riso dolphins – tropical dotted dolphins – striped dolphins – acrobatic dolphins).
During Musandam tours, you can book a tour to enjoy the sailboats around Khasab or devote your tour to relaxation, comfort, and eating distinctive foods and drinks.
You can also practice deep or surface diving if you want, as there are many boats and traditional sailboats specifically in the city of Khorsham, which belongs to the peninsula.
Musandam, which takes you on cruises to see the dolphins, and also provides meals for many of the famous dishes there.
Busah Beach is one of the most famous tourist areas in Musandam that can be visited during Musandam tours, as it is very attractive for camping lovers.
Tourists must visit Telegraph Island, which belongs to British rule and is located in the state of Khasab because the hotels overlook the sea so you can watch the sunset in Khorsham.
During Musandam tours, you can practice diving, as the Musandam Peninsula includes about more than 20 sites suitable for diving, and it also has a variety of aquatic organisms, whether plant or animal, in addition to a variety of coral and geological formations, as they are sites suitable for both deep and surface diving.
Diving in these sites can take place at depths ranging from 20 to 30 meters, and there are other sites where diving is at deeper depths than that, and here you can get the highest rate of vision and enjoy the best views at depths ranging from 5 meters to 20 meters, The field of view varies greatly with each of the water currents.
The water temperature is moderate throughout the year, reaching about 22 degrees Celsius in the winter and 30 degrees Celsius in the summer.
The raft in Musandam is at its best during the period between October and December, because the season for the appearance of whale sharks is between May and October. As for February and March, the waters are turbulent and difficult to dive in.
You can enjoy Musandam tours by visiting the places that this province is famous for and knowing its special culture and traditions.
There are also many historical and archaeological places in Musandam such as forts and castles, including Khasab Fort and the Lion’s Jaw Gate.
During Musandam tours, you can visit the Rawda Valley with its famous plateau and enjoy watching the fossils of Mount Harem, the Falaj of Madha, and the Strait of Mount Hormuz.
Tourists at Musandam tours can do many very interesting activities, for example (riding four-wheel drive vehicles – touring famous places on foot – recreation, and contemplating picturesque nature – enjoying the hobby of fishing).
All these things made Musandam take the title of a tourism magnet there, and it deserves more than that.
Practicing the Omani culture
For Musandam tours to be complete and to enjoy hospitality there, Omani women must offer an enjoyable and unique experience in Khasab. It is also a wonderful opportunity to share the details of their daily life with them.
Among the most famous of these activities are the following:
- Al Fawala: It is an Omani welcome to visitors in their original traditional way by offering a coffee drink flavored with the famous Omani dates and cardamom.
- Henna Drawing: They have many attractive drawings and their wonderful shapes are drawn on both hands and feet, and traditional drawings and motifs are on top of these designs.
- Traditional clothes: During your tour of Musandam, you will have a great opportunity to take memorial photos while you are dressed in traditional clothes that characterize Khasab.
- Traditional meals: Zari women serve the most delicious dishes and traditional recipes that are famous there.