Salalah east tour
Start your guided tour from Salalah city in the morning to discover the highlights of the east. Proceed east to Taqa village, passing by one of the famous palaces named Marmura palace and the Royal farm of his majesty Sultan Qaboos.
Taqa village is famous for Sardines fish and fishermen, where you can explore the countryside and visit the famous Taqa Castle.
Next to taqah, we will visit Sumhurum ruins known as Khor Rori, considered the main attractions and the largest natural reserve in Dhofar province. It is believed that the legendary palace of Queen Sheba is nearby these ruins.
Also, at historical times Khor Rori or Sumhuram was the main port on the Indian Ocean for exporting frankincense and for trade from and to India. Now it is considered from UNESCO heritage site.
Continue our tour along the coastal road until we reach one of the famous landmarks of Salalah, Mirbat. Mirbat was historically considered the city of slave trades and Arabian Horses; there will be a visit to Mirbat Castle and Old merchant houses, with their unique oriental and local architectural design.
Next, We will proceed to Qara Mountain to visit a magical natural spring named Ayn Razat, a beautiful park surrounded by hills; enjoy the beauty of nature and take unforgettable photos there.
A Stop photo will be of a famous mosque named Bin Ali mosque that dates back to the 14th century. Now start your way back after discovering the wonders of east Salalah.
East of Salalah tour
Rate: 175 USD ( Up to 5 persons )
What is included in the Salalah East tour?
* Pick up and drop off from Salalah for Half day private tour (Hotel – Resort – Airport – Herbor ).
* Private tour by Air-conditioned vehicle.
* Experienced English Omani Guide.
What is excluded from the Salalah East tour?
* Meals and drinks during the trip (Lunch Supplement 12 USD per person )
* Sumharam ruins tickets ( 3 Omani Rial per person)
* Tipping to guide
* Oman Entry Visa
What to know before you book the Salalah East tour?
* East Salalah day tour duration is about 4 hours tour, and it is recommended to depart early morning.
* Due to the nature of the weather, Hats and Sunblocks are recommended in any Oman tours.
* Photos are allowed during the east of Salalah city tour.
*According to traditions in Oman, It is not acceptable to take photos of Women, and it is respectful to ask men before ( How to plan a trip to Oman ? )
* Comfortable walking shoes during your east Salalah tour.
* East tour in Salalah is a perfect choice for Sea cruise passengers searching for a Salalah Oman Shore excursion.
*Tour of east Salalah recommended for layover flights and short breaks in Salalah.