Are you looking for a distinctive and exciting Arab tourist destination for a unique tourist holiday? Today we suggest day trips from muscat Learn in this article everything related to travel and tourism in Muscat, which is the capital of Oman, an Arab country located in West Asia and on the edge of the Arabian Peninsula and is characterized by its wonderful landmarks. There are many historical forts, charming desert landscapes, the best beaches, and picturesque mountain ranges, and one can find many places to spend day trips from Muscat.
Tourism in Muscat
There are endless options for activities for tourists to do. For example, day trips from Muscat can be spent on the stunning beaches of Oman, which are characterized by amazing natural beauty. You can also participate in many exceptional adventures or cultural heritage and explore places in Muscat.
So, if you are planning day trips from muscat and wondering about the best tourist attractions in Muscat, we have compiled a detailed roundup of the best tourist places that one should visit when on vacation in the country.
The most important historical monuments in Muscat
Muscat, the capital of Oman and one of the best cities in the country, offers several attractions that are a treat for travelers. Muscat tours have everything from grand forts and palaces to the best museums and markets.
1- Sultan Qaboos Mosque
- The city is home to some great tourist attractions in Oman and during day trips from muscat, you can visit the world-famous Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque.
- Sultan Qaboos Mosque in Muscat Governorate is one of the largest mosques in the world. The mosque is characterized by a huge crystal chandelier, marble wall panels, and much more. The mosque also houses the second-largest Persian carpet in the world, which is a real draw for visitors. The Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque is one of the great landmarks that should be seen during day trips from Muscat.
2- Qasr Al Alam Royal Palace
- The Qasr Al Alam Royal Palace is one of the most important monuments and tourist attractions in Muscat, and the majority of tourists during day trips from muscat like to explore its magnificence up close.
- Passengers can enjoy watching Qasr Al Alam in the city of Muscat from the outside, as the unique facade of the palace becomes clear to you.
- Although visitors can’t see the inside of the palace, the view from the harbor is something you can’t miss.
3- Al-Jalali and Al-Mirani castles
- Among the highlights during day trips from muscat are the Al-Jalali and Al-Mirani Forts next to the palace, the forts have now been converted into public museums where visitors can enter and have a glimpse of the historical beauties.
4- Al Sifah town
- In the city of Muscat, there is Al-Sifah Fort, that impregnable fortress that overlooks the sea on the one hand, and on the other hand, overlooks the valley, and this old fort is surrounded by tall walls on all sides, and this old fort and its ancient walls are considered one of the most important tourist attractions that can be visited during the day trips from Muscat.
- Al Sifah Beach is located 45 minutes from the center of Muscat, and you will find many cars parked all over the coast, you can drive your car on the beach.
5- The walls of Muscat
During day trips from muscat, you can visit the walls of Muscat, as it is surrounded by walls and contains three gates:
- The small entrance, which is located on the southern side of the wall, is exactly in the middle of the southern side.
- The Big Gate is located on the western side of the wall, and it is the most important entrance because it connects to many of Muscat’s neighborhoods.
- Al-Matha’ib Gate. This entrance is located on the western side of the wall.
Besides, the city offers the beauty of palaces, museums, and marketplaces where travelers are bound to have a good time. So, if you are thinking of a day trip and visiting the best tourist places, why not consider day trips from Muscat?
How to get to Muscat?
When you want to spend day trips from muscat wondering how to get to Muscat:
1- By air:
- Getting to Muscat by air is not much of a hassle.
- Direct flights to Muscat are available from almost all popular destinations around the world.
- Airlines such as Emirates Airlines, Gulf Air, Air India, and British Airways all fly to the city.
2- By road:
- Passengers can take a road trip to Muscat from the UAE.
- The flight takes about five hours. Similarly, one can reach Muscat in six hours via Yemen.
3- By bus:
- There is no railway network linking Muscat with neighboring areas yet.
- However, passengers can opt for buses that travel from Dubai and Abu Dhabi and are owned by the Oman National Transport Company for day trips from Muscat.
Hotels in Muscat
During day trips from muscat, you need hotels to stay including:
1- Carnelian by Glory Bower Hotels
It is rated 4 stars, and it is 7 km from the airport.
- It offers free internet, a terrace, a swimming pool, a restaurant, room service, airport transfers, and car rental.
- All rooms are air-conditioned and contain a TV, refrigerator, kettle, desk, wardrobe, and a private bathroom equipped with a shower and hairdryer.
2- Kempinski Hotel Muscat
- It is within a 5-star rating, and it is 5 km from the airport.
- It offers free internet, swimming pools, a group of restaurants, a sports club, another bowling alley, a spa, and private halls for conferences and weddings.
- Rooms have a TV, desk, wardrobe, and coffee maker. Some rooms have a balcony, and a private bathroom equipped with a bathtub and free toiletries.