The Sultanate of Oman is mainly replete with many beautiful and picturesque natural tourist places, which provide many ideal opportunities for Omani families to spend Oman tours, as it is considered one of the most beautiful Gulf countries, as it is full of tourist attractions and diverse landscapes, in addition to its climatic terrain.
The most important Oman is famous for other countries is that it mixed modern tourism and ancient heritage, where historical buildings and religious mosques such as the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, forts such as Jibreen Fort and castles such as Nizwa and Bahla Castle, and heritage and religious shrines such as the tomb of the Prophet Imran.
Best Places to Visit Oman
The best places to visit in Oman are distinctive places in the Sultanate of Oman that are considered among the most important tourist attractions to motivate tourists and residents to explore the most exciting places in Oman, and among the most prominent places for a family outing:
1- Eastern Sands:
- The Wahiba Sands is also called the Sharqiya Sands, and this name was given to it by the Wahiba tribe, which is located in the eastern region of Oman.
- It is a sea of sand, which extends geographically from the Governorate of North A’Sharqiyah through the Governorate of South A’Sharqiyah to Al Wusta Governorate, and this place is considered one of the most beautiful areas for camping during Oman tours.
- This is due to its geographical area of about 10,000 square kilometers, and therefore this area usually attracts many lovers of desert adventures.
2- Wadi Shab area:
- This area is geographically located in the Niyabat of Tiwi, which is affiliated with the Wilayat of Sur in the Governorate of South Al Sharqiyah. Wadi Shab is about 140 km away from the Omani capital, Muscat.
- This place is characterized by the touching of fresh water on its edges, which descends from the top of the mountains with salty water, and the trip to it is a wonderful adventure during Oman tours.
- It is possible to use boats where the tourist enjoys the presence of beautiful landscapes in the place in addition to walking during the trip on foot between the mountain heights.
3- White Valley
- It is one of the valleys of the Wilayat of Nakhal, located specifically in the south of Al Batinah, where this valley is about 30 kilometers away from the traffic line of the main road, Muscat – Sohar.
- Wadi Al Abyad is considered one of the most beautiful valleys that can be visited during Oman tours, which is located in Al Batinah South Governorate, and this is due originally to what the valley possesses of a wonderful natural harmony with the environment due to the distribution of houses in it among the palm trees.
4- Muttrah Sea Road
- It is located geographically close to one of the most important Omani ports, which is located in the heart of the Omani capital, Muscat, which is the port of Sultan Qaboos and is distinguished by the fact that it is overlooked by many wonderful rocky and mountainous forms.
- This road is considered one of the most beautiful sites within the scope of Muscat Governorate for picnicking during Oman tours, where the tourist enjoys watching the sea and the old Omani buildings.
6- Jebel Akhdar
- You can visit the Jebel Akhdar during Oman tours, which has a height of up to 2980 meters, and the Jebel Akhdar is famous for its wide plateau, which is located near its summit.
- The journey from the capital, Muscat, to the mountain takes approximately two hours, and access to the mountain is only permitted by using four-wheel drive vehicles.
7- Ain Al-Kasfa:
- You can visit Ain Al Kasfah during Oman tours, Ain Al-Kasfa is a group of springs for natural water, the temperature of which usually reaches about 45 degrees Celsius.
- Ain Al-Kasfa water is a natural water that contains sulfur water remedy for many diseases.
8- Ain Ath-Thawra
- You can visit Ain Al-Thawra during Oman tours, which are many hot water springs that flow abundantly through Jabal Salad, throughout the year.
- It flows from the valley to a distance of about 300 meters, as the Wilayat of Nakhl depends mainly on that spring and its tributaries in irrigating its crops.
Are you looking for the best Oman tours and holidays that are unique and exciting for a unique tourist holiday? Best Oman tours and holidays:
- The city of Salalah is located in the Wilayat of Salalah, Dhofar Governorate, south of Oman, and it is the third largest city in the Sultanate of Oman. Salalah is unique in its charming natural tourist attractions.
- Get acquainted with the Omani culture, and visit the ancient city of Sumhuram, which is a very old city in the city of Salalah, with an ancient temple and many artifacts and ancient manuscripts.
- During Oman tours, you can visit the Salalah Museum and Al Nahda Tower, and spend enjoyable times on Al Mughsail Beach, which is famous for its soft sand and wonderful.
- You can climb the highest mountain peaks, which are characterized by their attractive green colors, such as Jabal Samhan and Jabal Al-Qamar.
- Your trip to Salalah during Oman tours will not be complete without touring the most famous market in the city, the Al Hosn Market. When you enter the Al Hosn Market, you will see traditional Omani products such as antiques, textiles, and accessories of gold and silver.
- The city of Musandam is located on the northern borders of the Sultanate of Oman, and it includes the most important and famous tourist destinations that you can visit during Oman tours, which made it a live center for the influx of visitors and tourists from all over the world.
- Where the height of the mountains in Musandam is more than two thousand meters above sea level, in addition to that it includes the Strait of Hormuz, which is one of the most important water crossings in the region.
- It is possible to visit various states in the Musandam Governorate during Oman tours, including the state of Khasab, which is the regional center of the governorate.
- It is possible to climb Mount Harem, which is approximately 1,600 meters above sea level, and visit Khasab Fort and Al Kamazra Fort.
3- Nizwa Fort
- Nizwa Fort was previously called “Al-Shahba”, as it is considered one of the oldest castles in the Sultanate of Oman. It is located in the center of the city of Nizwa Oman. The fort is distinguished by its large size and huge circular building built of stones, with a height of about 34 m and a diameter of 45 m.
- It was built by Imam Sultan bin Saif bin Malik Al-Yarubi in 1660 AD, and its construction took nearly 12 years.
- The castle has many openings for the stationing of fighters defending the castle and the entire city, as well as there are prison sites, as it was in the past the seat of judgment and execution of punishments for perpetrators of all kinds of crimes.
- It is also possible during Oman tours to shop in the traditional Nizwa market next to the fort.