Musandam is one of the governorates located in the Arabian Peninsula, specifically in the northern corner of the Sultanate of Oman, where it is located at the summit of the Hajar Mountains at an altitude of 1800 meters above sea level, and its total area reaches 1800 km2, with a population of more than 30 A thousand people, and the most important thing that distinguishes it is that it has a picturesque nature, and it has borders with many regions. It is bordered on the western corner by the Arabian Gulf, and on the eastern corner by the Sea of Oman. The location occupied by the province is strategically distinguished as it is one of the geographical areas that overlook the Strait of Hormuz, which is one of the international waterways, which increases the demand for Musandam tours.
Musandam city location
Musandam is located in the far north of the Sultanate of Oman, and it enjoys stunning natural scenery, making it an attractive tourist area for many tourists, which increases the demand for booking Musandam tours, as the mountains spread with natural views, and Musandam also contains the most important waterway, the Strait of Hormuz.
The Governorate of Musandam includes four wilayats: Khasab, Bukha, Daba, and Madha. It is a fertile city that has a regional center for the governorate, which is about 550 km away from the capital, Muscat.
The juxtaposition of the sea with the mountains is one of the exclusive features of this region. Visitors accept to enjoy Musandam tours through traditional boats and ships that give an opportunity for unforgettable enjoyment, while fans of diving in the beautiful coral reefs, there are also archaeological sites in this place.
Best Musandam tours in 2023
Here is a list of the Best Musandam tours that can be done in the Musandam Peninsula:
1- Sailing near the fjord
- The coastal governorate of Musandam is famous for its boats and dhows that are used for fishing or other activities.
- Musandam tours, which are carried out by tourists by these boats, are among the most enjoyable activities they practice in Musandam, where they can explore the sparkling waters of the Gulf, enjoy the charming views of the Strait of Hormuz (Bab Al-Salam), or even swim in the refreshing waters of Musandam.
- They can also sip authentic Omani coffee and taste the most delicious types of dates during this amazing cruise.
2- Visit Khasab Fort
- Khasab Fort is located in the state of Khasab, the regional center of Musandam. It was built by the Portuguese in the seventeenth century, when they colonized the state of Khasab, as part of their plan to control the Strait of Hormuz, which connects the Arabian Gulf and the Arabian Peninsula.
- As for the Omanis, they used it as their headquarters when fighting the Portuguese to expel them outside the country in 1624, and later it was used as a place of residence for the Wali (Khasab ruler) and as a prison as well.
- Today, the fort includes many exhibitions that shed light on the history of Musandam, such as an exhibition of ancient documents and other exhibitions that include ornaments, clothes, weapons, kitchen utensils, and traditional Musandam wedding decorations.
- This ancient building also includes a school for teaching the Qur’an, a model of a traditional summer house, and a model of storing dates referred to as the lock house. In addition to three old traditional Omani boats built in Musandam, as well as some old cannons that reflect the Omani warlike prowess.
- Therefore, it is imperative for those looking for the heritage and authenticity of Omani history in Musandam to do Musandam tours and visit this authentic castle.
3- Visit the golden beaches in Khasab
- Musandam has many picturesque beaches where visitors can enjoy its golden sands, and sparkling turquoise waters and watch the distinctive sea birds.
- However, Musandam’s most beautiful beach is Khasab Beach, where Musandam tours tourists from all over the world come to enjoy a swim in its refreshing waters, take a picnic in one of the traditional Omani boats, or even camp on the beach for a special night.
4- Enjoy watching dolphins in the waters of Musandam
- Marine lovers at Musandam tours can enjoy watching dolphins swimming in the turquoise waters near the shores of Musandam, where sea picnics on board a traditional dhow allow you to see humpback dolphins and bottlenose dolphins in crystal clear waters.
5- Climbing Mount Harem or camping on its top
- Mount Harem is known as the highest point in Musandam at an altitude of 2087 meters above sea level. It was called by this name because Omani women used to climb it and hide in it for fear of being kidnapped by pirates while their husbands were on long fishing trips.
- Musandam tours athletes can enjoy climbing the mountain, driving on the surrounding hills to enjoy the scenic views, or even camping on the top and enjoying a night of peace and quiet.
6- Parachuting over Zighy Bay
- Those looking for an extra dose of adrenaline can enjoy a special enthusiastic adventure in Musandam, where they can practice parachuting over Zighy Beach and parasailing in its refreshing waters, and certainly whatever adventure they choose, they will enjoy the stunning views of the mountains, valleys, and bays surrounding the region, which is from Best Musandam tours.
7- Scuba diving and watching unique marine creatures
- The golden sands, turquoise waters, and picturesque mountains are not all that characterize Musandam, as the waters of Musandam are unique to a group of beautiful and distinctive marine creatures that can be seen through diving with an oxygen cylinder or even diving into a few depths with a snorkel, to add a new activity to the list of Musandam tours Distinctive things to do in Musandam.
Musandam is one of the most important tourist areas in Oman, so it is advised for everyone looking for adventures and distinctive Musandam tours to visit this Omani peninsula and enjoy the amazing experiences it offers to its visitors.