Many tourists go to the top places in Oman because it combines charming nature and ancient history as it serves as a large museum surrounded by mountains and filled with castles. The city of Nizwa Oman is one of the cities of the Sultanate of Oman that is located in the northern region of it. The city has a long history, and the city contains many natural terrains and vast green spaces of striking beauty, such as valleys, mountains, and agricultural areas such as Wadi Tanuf, Jabal Al Akhdar, Jebel Shams, and Misfit Al Abriyeen, which are full of lemon trees, which are considered one of the most important natural features of the Sultanate of Oman.
The most important places of tourism in Nizwa Oman
The city of Nizwa Oman includes many archaeological and religious places and buildings that are distinguished by their beautiful architecture and grandeur, such as the Sultan Qaboos Mosque, in addition to the oldest castles, forts, and caves such as the Nizwa Oman castle, Bait Al Rudaydah Fort and Al Hoota Cave.
One of the most beautiful sights that can be visited is the Nizwa Oman waterfalls, as it is the ideal place for rest, recreation, and enjoyment of the charming beauty of nature. Nizwa Oman is also famous for its traditional market, which includes a wide variety of goods and products that can be obtained at the best prices. The city also provides the best and most luxurious hotels for tourists.
Jabal Al Akhdar
- Jabal Al Akhdar is part of the Al Hajar mountain range, with a height of 3000 meters, and what distinguishes it is its green color.
- Where many agricultural plants grow on its slope, such as fruits, and perhaps the most important of them is the pomegranate, as it is one of the best pomegranates in the world and has gained wide fame in the Arab Gulf countries, figs, grapes, walnuts, almonds, in addition to flowers of various beautiful colors.
- The mountain expresses a completely natural life, as there are many domestic and predatory animals, such as deer, wolves, leopards, and others.
- The mountain is inhabited by people who are famous for making rose water, raising animals, and making hand-made textiles that express primitive Omani life.
- It is characterized by its beautiful climate and moderate temperature in summer and winter.
- Dear tourists, you will enjoy the clean, healthy air. However, be aware that the mountain can only be climbed using a four-wheel drive vehicle. We advise you, dear tourist, to try one of the Omani dishes, and for those who like to walk, you can walk on it and stay overnight there.
The most beautiful mosques in Nizwa Oman
- Sultan Qaboos Mosque in Nizwa: is one of the oldest mosques, and it is the third best mosque in Oman in terms of its beautiful Islamic architecture, area, and grandeur after Sultan Qaboos Mosque in Muscat. Access to it is easy by buses or taxis, and tourist trips are constantly organized to it.
- Saoul Nizwa Mosque: is located in the market lane, and it is one of the oldest and most famous mosques in the state, as it was built in the eighth year of the Hijra, and seminars for remembrance and teaching are held in it until now, and what distinguishes it is its beautiful inscriptions, and it provides facilities for ablution and bathrooms.
- Al-Ya’ariba Mosque: was built in the eleventh century AH, and what distinguishes it is its location among other tourist attractions, as it is linked to Falaj Al-Khatameen from the east, the fortress of Beit Al-Rudaida from the north, and Wadi Al-Muaiden from the west.
The oldest castles and forts in Nizwa Oman
- Beit Rudaydah Fort: Its construction dates back to the seventeenth century and is located on Jabal Al Akhdar Road. The fort demonstrates the art of defensive architecture, its walls are thick, it contains towers of mud, and it has many decorations.
- Nizwa Oman Castle is one of the most important Omani castles. The castle is distinguished by its circular shape and has many complex passages. It also includes 7 wells and prisons where it was the seat for the execution of judgments and also It was the seat of government in one of the eras, and next to it there is the traditional Nizwa Oman market.
- The fort of Nizwa Oman contains a mosque in which prayers are held and knowledge circles are held in it, as this mosque came out scholars in jurisprudence and the Arabic language and it was restored, as it is a beacon of knowledge and while touring it you can have a cup of Omani coffee, and try to imagine the events that happened in the past ages.
The most beautiful places of tourism in Nizwa Oman
- Tanuf Falls, dear tourist, the most beautiful thing you will see is the Tanuf Falls, which are located in the Tanuf Valley and are always flowing. The sight of the water falling down and its sound gives you comfort and reassurance.
- Falaj Daris is the largest falaj in the Sultanate of Oman, and what distinguishes it is that it supplies the surrounding areas with natural water and irrigates palm trees.
- Misfat al-Abriyeen is located next to the mountain. It is an agricultural area in which a number of farmers and herders live. It is full of lemon trees. What distinguishes it is that its houses are carved into the rocks and have stairs because the houses are at different levels. Next to it is Jebel Shams, the highest mountain in Amman, with a height of 3 km. You cannot miss buying carpets. Handmade by the locals in this region.
- The souq Oman is one of the most famous markets in Oman, an important economic landmark for the state of Nizwa Oman, and the most important tourist attraction in the region. Peasants and farmers go to it to buy their needs of livestock and seeds for the lands and sell their products. We advise you to visit it on Friday in the early morning to get the best products and goods, and it is crowded It is very intense when the holidays are near because people go to it to get their sacrifices, and you will also be able, dear tourist, to buy souvenirs and your needs at prices that suit your capabilities and very easily and the possibility of negotiation in the price, especially since the people of Nizwa Oman are friendly, but it is necessary to wear modest clothes so as not to be subject to criticism there, so you should Adhere to the rules and traditions of the region.
- Birkat Al-Maouz: is one of the most famous tourist attractions in Nizwa Oman, and is characterized by its wonderful location at the top of Jabal Al Akhdar. It was named so because it is full of banana trees. Farmers preferred to grow bananas in it because it needs a large amount of water. Birkat Al-Mouz provides large amounts of water, as the water of the valleys collects in it. Bananas are fast growing and making big gains.
Dear tourist, do not miss visiting many of the villages that adorn the state of Nizwa Oman, such as the village of Wadi Bani Habib, which is famous for growing walnuts.